Headphone Jack Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYR99, Jun 25, 2010.

1. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Hello,
    Is anyone having issues with their headphone jack? On day one of my iPhone 4, I had a issue where my music would crackle if the headphone plug moved around at all while plugged in.

Today, no sound comes out at all unless I apply frontward pressure to the headphone plug. As soon as I let go, the sound cuts out. I plugged the same ($70) Sony earbuds into an iPod Nano with no issues at all.

Lastly, has anyone successfully gotten their iPhone 4 replaced at a Genius Bar yet? I have an appointment on Monday. I've also gotten a random "No Sim" error 3 times. A simple restart fixes that problem but it is still annoying nonetheless.

Thanks.

2. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

I've also got the 'No SIM' issue. I took another microsim, put it in my phone, and it worked great. I believe it's a SIM card error, not so much a phone hardware issue. As far as the headphone issue goes I used to experience it on my iPod Video; the 'Genuis' reps told me the headphone jack needed to be replaced. Manufacturing issue? What are the first two digits of your phone serial number?

3. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Fair enough - good luck at the 'Genuis' bar. An individual came in today while I was in line and took his iPhone 4 up there. He left the store with a smile on his face. Hopefully you'll have as pleasant of an experience :p

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

So far, the only issue I have with the headphone jack is that it's pretty darn stiff. I had to push hard in order to plug in the Apple earphones that came with the phone. I've never had anything like that with my 3G / 3G S.

6. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

+1 also the 30 pin is