Headphone Jack Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Aug 24, 2012.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I am on a 2011 MacBook Pro and when I connect a pair of headphones (my brand new MDR-V6s to be exact) the left headphone sounds a lot louder than the other one.

Weird. So I try my headphones out on my iPod and Cell Phone and both headphones sound equally loud on both sides.

It's pretty annoying not being able to really get the effect of listening to headphones when you can only really hear out of the left headphone. Is this an issue that is worthy of sending it in?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Have you tried cleaning the headphone jack? Some compressed air and a small Q-tip ought to do the job.

I had this issue on my iPhone and cleaning the jack fixed it.

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately that didn't change much. I will probably send it in during Winter Break since I need it for classes.

4. stevelam macrumors 65816

are you sure the LR balance is set correctly in preferences -> sound -> output?

5. mannyo1221 macrumors member

have you tried the headphones in another device, if other headphones are fine in the MAC, and because the headphones are new I would be looking at those being at fault.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Or have you tried another pair of headphones in the MBP?

7. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I tried messing with the sound settings as suggested with no success. I also tried another pair of headphones just now with no success.

There IS sound in the left side, just noticeably quieter.