Headphone jack problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pgohlke, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Ok this is how it went. I was using my ipod (touch 2g) listening to a podcast through the headphones when all of the sudden the sound gets really low. Thinking I must have accidentally hit it I turn it up all the way still getting hardly any sound. I then tried with some music and got a really weird result. I could hear louder sounds like the music (garbled slightly) but no words.

So then i tried to play that same song through the built in speaker and it worked fine. Thinking it was the headphones I threw them away. But then got another pair of non-apple branded ones and it still did the same thing.

I reset the ipod (didn't work) and restored it (still didn't work) So I'm going to make an appointment at the genuis bar but don't think they will believe me because I don't have the headphones that came with it. Do you think they will still fix/replace it? And if anybody else has had a headphone problem could you tell me some of your solutions?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why wouldn't they believe you? You said the problem did not go away when you tried another set of headphones. They'll have headphones at the Genius Bar, they'll give it a listen with their headphones, and if the problem is confirmed, they'll give you a replacement ipod.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You kno that of it was the headphones they are covered under warranty too right?

But if it's still doing it, it's not a problem with them replacing it. Like mentioned, they are going to use their own headphones anyway.

Sooooo, go!