Headphone jack + Screen Sensor defect (replacement?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sstevens, Jan 20, 2016.

1. sstevens macrumors member

So I have had my phone dropped back in August but I have encountered the sensor issue before then and lately its acting up way more...

When making calls, the screen dims like it should, however on seldom occasions when I pull it away from my face it stays black and nothing I do unless I hold 'lock+home' will disconnect me from the call unless the other person hangs up first...then my screen gets backlight again. When I connect to wifi or i'm in a rough area of cell service, the moment the heat from my finger is anywhere <1/2" away from the screen it opens up all apps within a decent radius. I once saw it open messages>>open a random text thread>>then open details to said person's contact card...all on its own.

Finally, my headphone jack is messed up. I havent been able to play any music whatsoever unless my phone is stationary and i do NOT touch the point of connection of my headphones...the only time i use my headphone jack is at the gym for music. It's impossible now. Siri will randomly open up, my music may play at 2x speed or get paused altogether or switch to a new song the moment my headphone jack is touched or has pressure on it. I've had this experience with 2-3 separate headphones.

NOW, Genius Bar says for $109 they will replace screen/glass etc..and if I still have my sensor defect then they replace entire phone for a new one. I'm 99% sure my 3.5mm jack wont be fixed (yes i've tried cleaning it already) so how can I sway that into conversation for a replacement? I have Asurion insurance but the deductible is $200 as opposed to the $109 by apple for a potential replacemet. My mother just switched to Apple and got an iPad pro + iMac 21.5" last night and will make the iPhone move once the 7 is out as will my father...I've had 5 computers by Apple thus far and almost the same in iPods and Phones. Point being, loyal customer and should be treated as such.

Anyone else have a similar issue regarding service? sorry for the wall of text.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You damaged your phone and you do not want to pay for it?;)

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Maybe you could say what phone you are talking about....

4. sstevens thread starter macrumors member

128gb 6