headphone jack water damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Freak4Sneaks, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Freak4Sneaks macrumors member

my problem is the hear phone that came with my iPhone 3g, the mic doesn't work during calls and the button doesn't work when I click it(music and calls) and there is some lint in there and also I've looked inside the headphone jack and it's not all red. I can see like a dot of red but my iPhone has never come in contact with water. so I'm wondering if there's any chance of me being able to get a replacement.

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

You know who could answer that question? Apple.

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

What's a hear phone? I didn't get one of those with my 3G iPhone.

4. moka macrumors 6502a

really? they have been shipping hear phones out with Iphone since the 3G's came out. where have you been all this time? :p

on a second thought, go to the apple store and request them to have your headphones replaced, i had a similar problem after 6 months of usage where the button did not function at all.. they where very kind and replaced it with a new one no questions asked.

Make sure your warranty has not expired, because the iphone headphones warranty runs along side the iphone warranty.

5. Freak4Sneaks thread starter macrumors member

headphones. sigh.. why do you have to act like u don't know what I was saying. but thanks