Headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jr866gooner, Aug 29, 2013.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Hello all,

Bit of background. I bought an iPhone 4 in good condition apart from the fact that the device was dropped and the back panel cracked. Thankfully it didn't effect the screen in any way.

Now the issue I have is that when I plug in headphones they don't go all the way until they kind of click. They just won't go on far enough.

I can't apply any additional force as I don't wish to break anything and potentially ruin calling etc.

Now I have looked and cannot see obvious blockages or anything that would physically stop something being plugged on, is it possible the fall caused something to move out of place? Is there anything I can do?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes. That is probably what happened.

Take it to an Apple store and have it replaced, send it out for repair to a third party or buy a new iPhone. Or try and fix it yourself.

I don't suggest the last option unless you know what you're doing and what parts you'll need (if any).

3. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

yes mobile phones though are durable are fragile products which can get damaged on falls, your problem seems like a hardware issue, it is best recommended that you should show your product to apple care so they can help you.

4. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Righto I shall drop into a store and see what they say!