Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
How would you connect wired headphones to a Apple TV 4k please if possible?

gridlocked

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2019
RI
I haven't tried this yet but there is an app on itunes called airview that makes your iphone an airplay receiver so you could try that and you'd just plug the headphone into the phone. Airplay can transmit a much greater bandwidth than BT too.

gridlocked

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2019
RI
I realize they aren't ideal for everyone, or low-cost, but IME AirPods work great paired with my AppleTV 4K. No lip sync issues that I've noticed and I think I'm pretty sensitive—although maybe not 1 frame sensitive.

I understand the AirPods and Beats Solo Pro have the H1 chip that syncs better with Apple devices including latency wise.

The HDMI audio extractor method should work pretty well too though any time you put something inline with the video signal there is a risk of not getting the picture you want. There are a couple that say they work with dolbyvision and they all seem to have 3.5mm jacks plus toslink.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
I realize they aren't ideal for everyone, or low-cost, but IME AirPods work great paired with my AppleTV 4K. No lip sync issues that I've noticed and I think I'm pretty sensitive—although maybe not 1 frame sensitive.

I TOTALLY agree. And the new AirPods Pro are simply incredible. The connectivity, reliability, syncing, ease of use - just perfect!

Reactions: gnomeisland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.