Headphone jack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darngooddesign, Feb 16, 2009.

1. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Just curious if anyone else has this. If you plug in headphones do they sit flush? Mine has a small gap between the plastic body and the case.

2. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

What kind of computer?

I have a new Aluminum 2.4 MB and no, it the jack does not sit flush.

3. darngooddesign thread starter macrumors G3

4. lordthistle macrumors 6502

5. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

There's some serious defense of all things Apple going on over there. Whew.

1) Previous iterations of the optical/analog jack have worked fine with standard stereo 1/8" jacks in the past. (So it's not the fact that it's a hybrid optical jack.)

2) The new jacks (with mic in) all seem to be exhibiting problems on many (all?) of these machines. (Just saying everyone's having this funny problem. I'm actually glad it's not just mine.*)

3) I'm not thrilled with the inelegance of the $4 iFrogz solution (I have other adapters inline, and it's starting to look unruly), but I'm going to try it

* My PowerBook Pismo had a problem where the plastic connector got loose over time, and the connection got worse and worse. That was a true design flaw. I'm just glad that it's not something like that here. I think that using an adapter will work just fine here.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

This must be an issue with the Classic MBP 2.5GHz as well. I just noticed the same issue with mine, though it's been plugged in almost everyday since I bought it. :eek:

7. DYER macrumors 6502

wow... ok
    I have not noticed this at all even in the slightest...
    I have used loads of different headphones and cables and not once had this problem...
    this is quite wierd...