Headphone Jack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macvy Ricky, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Macvy Ricky macrumors member

So this is my third macbook pro and the headphone jack doesnt seem to be as 'tight' as the other ones I have owned. The headphone jack goes into the socket with minimal pressure but I do hear a click. While the other I owned I had to apply a little bit of pressure.

How is it for you guys? Should I be worried>

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Does it work?

If so, don't worry about it

As per mine, I never even noticed how much it took to put in, just that it went in

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Does it work?

Btw, why don't you make one big thread of all the "issues" you encounter with your MBP, instead of making several?

I mean the title of this thread is not even as descriptive as the one you used for that power button issue.

And I know, you just spend whatever amount of money on a foxy MBP and want it to be perfect, but as there are not manufactured but mass produced, little imperfections are not avoidable.

I have some of those on my MBP, the 17-inch one, so lots of those paper money pieces, but it works without major hiccups, so what the hell.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

don't know if it has changed for the 2009 models but I know for fact that the 2008 (unibody) models are all like this. You can connect it and it will click with minimal force and at the same time, it can come disconnected without really having to pull it out but not that sensitive that it will interrupt you if you have something connected. Don't think it's a flaw. Like everyone says, if it works, leave it alone.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Dude, stop nitpicking your MBP and enjoy it.

Two threads on this stuff, c'mon man...

6. Macvy Ricky thread starter macrumors member

I am just asking if that could be a possible problem that would need to be fixed.

It does click into the socket but its not as much effort as the other ones I have owned. I don't know if it is just me or if its normal.

Yes, it works fine.

This is me being a little obsessive but after googling it - it seems to be a common issue. But I just needed confirmation from people who recently got their MBPs.