Headphone Port Issue . . .

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tb2me, Mar 15, 2008.

1. tb2me macrumors member

Hey, ya'll . . .

I am having an issue with my iPhone. This started yesterday; my iPhone likes to randomly decide that headphones are plugged in, even when they aren't, meaning that if I'm out and about and get a call / need to make a call, the earpiece won't work because it is sending the sound out through the (nonexistent) connected headphones. I can solve the problem by unplugging and plugging my headphones a few times, but this is not an optimal solution, since I don't carry them around with me. The problem is not limited to after I have used the headphones; just this afternoon, I used my headphones, unplugged them, made a call like normal, and then randomly an hour later it decided that the phones were plugged in. Anyone have similar issues?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

If your phone isn't jailbroken, just do a quick restore. It usually fixes small issues like that.

3. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

it seems as though this may be a problem under 1.1.4. I have read several reports about this. It has also happened to me.

4. Templex macrumors regular

This has happened to me, on every single firmware version I've had, starting with 1.0.2. Seems like a hardware issue to me. Twisting the plug around in the jack seems to solve it.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Except the OP has no plug in the jack when it happens to him....

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

This has happened to me since 1.1.1. A reset usually fixes it.