Headphone problems in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by LondSteve, Aug 3, 2015.

1. LondSteve macrumors newbie

LondSteve

I have a mid 2014 13" Retina MacBook Pro.

I can no get it to play sound through the headphones, sound will come through the speakers no problem.

I tried re-installing the latest BootCamp Drivers and no dice.

The headphones work fine when booted into Mac OS.

When I plug the headphones in, it pops up and says headphones were plugged in, and if I go into the Sound control panel, I see the green check mark move from the speakers to the headphones. But I can not get sounds to play through the headphones. If I right click, and choose "Test" on the headphones, it pops up an error saying it can't play the sound.

Any ideas?

2. jukeboxaddict macrumors newbie

In the exact same situation here. I've searched for some solutions -- deleting the audio devices and starting over made sound work through the headphones, but then the SPEAKERS didn't work. Still yet to find a surefire fix. It may be a Windows bug.

3. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Try another out of headphones if you can. Then you can narrow down the problem.

4. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Came here to post the exact same thing. Headphones aren't the only thing I'm having problems with either. Bluetooth not working and Function key isn't work so am unable to change volume or brightness on my Air.

5. kepler20b macrumors 6502