Headphone problems.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by OCDMacGeek, Feb 23, 2008.

1. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

Is anyone else having problems using their headphones with the Macbook Air? My Shure E500 headphones have a loud hiss and instead of playing music properly, the music is filled with odd bleeps and bloops. I have a similar problem with my Etymotic headhones. I *think* the standard iPod headphones worked fine, but I no longer have them on hand to test.

Is anyone else having problems?

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Are you sure they are being plugged in all the way? The Air's got a pretty slim opening for the jack and some headphones don't have a narrow enough plug to make the fit. The Apple phones are pretty skinny and will work. I have a set of Sennheiser's that I have to use an extender to get plug in all the way.

3. Frozonecold macrumors 6502

I have the same problem when using my sony headphones with my iPhone. I can get it to work with a good push though.

4. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Yes, that's exactly right. There have been numerous instances with headphone plugs that don't fit. They make a nice little extender for an easy fix.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Conformation

I have the SE 210s. Whenever playing a quicktime video on the MBA through the headphones, the sound is fine, but whenever I pause it I hear a weird beeping whiny noise for a split second. This is only when I use the Shures...when I use the iPod buds the sound isn't there. I suspect the shure jack is not making full contact because my headphones don't do that when plugged into my iMac. So I don't think the computer is broken, it's just that there isn't enough space for the headphones.