Headphone protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 34 Volt, Dec 22, 2014.

1. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

Sep 26, 2013
    This might sound weird, but is there a "protector" for the bottom of the headphone jack? Because this is my second pair of apple headphones since getting my 6 Plus. Basically the jack sticks alittle out of my pocket and the constant bend wore it down and so the slightest bend pauses my music or hangs up when I'm on a call.

Anyone with the same or similar experience that can help?
  2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

May 16, 2011
    Eau Claire, WI
    I hate straight jacks on headphones, wish everyone just used angled.

with that said, I would just get some different headphones (with angled end) to be honest any pair you buy will be a step up from Iphone headphones

I know Bose is pretty unpopular around boards, but I think they absolutely nailed the jack, its more at an angle then straight and not quite at a 90 degree.
  3. mofunk macrumors 68020

Aug 26, 2009
    Just buy a new pair of headphones. There are several out that you can use that won't frail near the end (I think) lol. The Sennheiser Momentum are at an angle. I have a pair and they fit perfectly with a case. Also, I have the Shure SE series because the cable is made out of Kevlar. But these don't have a remote. You have to either buy the ones that come with the remote or buy it separately.

Or check out Sennheiser CX 5.00i
  4. Pat too macrumors member

Oct 24, 2012
    Get a short extension cable with a right angle 3.5mm jack.