Headphone protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 34 Volt, Dec 22, 2014.

1. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

This might sound weird, but is there a "protector" for the bottom of the headphone jack? Because this is my second pair of apple headphones since getting my 6 Plus. Basically the jack sticks alittle out of my pocket and the constant bend wore it down and so the slightest bend pauses my music or hangs up when I'm on a call.

Anyone with the same or similar experience that can help?

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I hate straight jacks on headphones, wish everyone just used angled.

with that said, I would just get some different headphones (with angled end) to be honest any pair you buy will be a step up from Iphone headphones

I know Bose is pretty unpopular around boards, but I think they absolutely nailed the jack, its more at an angle then straight and not quite at a 90 degree.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Just buy a new pair of headphones. There are several out that you can use that won't frail near the end (I think) lol. The Sennheiser Momentum are at an angle. I have a pair and they fit perfectly with a case. Also, I have the Shure SE series because the cable is made out of Kevlar. But these don't have a remote. You have to either buy the ones that come with the remote or buy it separately.

Or check out Sennheiser CX 5.00i

4. Pat too macrumors member

Get a short extension cable with a right angle 3.5mm jack.

[​IMG]