Headphone Socket Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by terrrrrible, Feb 10, 2008.

1. terrrrrible macrumors regular

I just recently bought a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphones, and the Belkin adapter so I could use them with my iPhone. The first day I used them I had no problems, but the next day , as I would have my phone in my pocket and be walking around, the sound would start to go static-y and it would cut in and out at times. I am hoping this isn't because the connector is shifting something around inside the phone. Has anyone else had this problem, or knows of a way to prevent this from happening? It isn't a problem with the headphones, because I can plug them into another device and I don't have the problem.

2. terrrrrible thread starter macrumors regular

If I plug in my old headphones, and move the cord around by the top of the jack, nothing happens, if I plug in the adapter and my old headphones to that, when I move it around the sound cuts out. If I plug in my new headphones to something other than the iPhone and move the connector around, nothing happens, but if I have the adapter in and the new headphones into that, the sound cuts out. I am afraid that the adapter bent the connectors inside the iPhone or something. I will probably take it to a genius bar to have it looked at some time this week.