Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
So I've now got a job where I need to be on the phone, and on the computer a lot more, and I've currently got a pair of JVC in ear headphones, which are great, but they don't have a mic.

So has anyone got a good suggestion of headphones, that are in ear, wired, and have a mic that will work with iPhone, iPad, and the two macbook pros i used day to day. Obviously I'd like to use them for both music, but also calls, Skype, webex etc.....

The other thing is I don't want them to break the bank..... Im think about £50.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
If you want IEMs (in ear monitors), Xiaomi Piston v3's. About 20 pounds, excellent sound quality, has mic and controls.

the1payday

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Amarillo, TX
The Sennheiser Momentum, in ears, are pretty good from what I've heard. I've got a pair of their over ear versions, and they sound incredible. I think the in-ears are like $100.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Apparently the xiami control buttons don't work...

and then sennheisers are £80..... Im not made of money :eek:

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
The Sennheiser Momentum, in ears, are pretty good from what I've heard. I've got a pair of their over ear versions, and they sound incredible. I think the in-ears are like $100.

+1 for the Momentum! Retails at about $100.00 USD = £65.85 GBP.

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative the CX 2.0 will do basically the same but are lower in quality. CX 2.0 is about $55.00 USD = £36.22 GBP.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
For those who uses a in-ear headset, do you have any issue with not being able to hear yourself? I have one, and I find that it's difficult for me to judge how loud I am to people near by.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
If you would consider a Bluetooth set, I recently bought Sony's SBH80 (£60 including next day delivery) and I love them.

Fantastic audio quality, waterproof, SIRI compatible, in ear and they can be paired with two devices so you can be listening to music on your Mac & they will automatically switch over to your iPhone when a call comes in.

Also, the battery lasts for ages and the unit which sits on your neck actually vibrates when a call comes in.

I'd never go back to wired, now.

They constantly sit on my neck & conncted to my iPhone. When the unit vibrates, signalling an incoming call I just pop one of the buds in my ear & take the call.

Also, there are mics on both sides for the best call quality.

Volume controls, make/end a call (hold to activate SIRI), next track & previous track, play & pause ... all controls on both sides of the neck.

They come in white, or black.

I bought white.

And they support the APT-X codec for even better audio quality on the Mac (hopefully this will be supported by iOS at some point, too).

I can't recommend them enough ...

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I don't usually talk to people when I have my earphones in.

I meant when I use my in-ear headset to carry on a conversation with another person at the other end, I can't hear myself to tell whether I am too loud to other people around me.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
If you would consider a Bluetooth set, I recently bought Sony's SBH80 (£60 including next day delivery) and I love them.

Fantastic audio quality, waterproof, SIRI compatible, in ear and they can be paired with two devices so you can be listening to music on your Mac & they will automatically switch over to your iPhone when a call comes in.

Also, the battery lasts for ages and the unit which sits on your neck actually vibrates when a call comes in.

I'd never go back to wired, now.

They constantly sit on my neck & conncted to my iPhone. When the unit vibrates, signalling an incoming call I just pop one of the buds in my ear & take the call.

Also, there are mics on both sides for the best call quality.

Volume controls, make/end a call (hold to activate SIRI), next track & previous track, play & pause ... all controls on both sides of the neck.

They come in white, or black.

I bought white.

And they support the APT-X codec for even better audio quality on the Mac (hopefully this will be supported by iOS at some point, too).

I can't recommend them enough ...

I have my headphones in for 5-10 hours a day, I'm not gonna lie I don't really want bluetooth things, consistently right next to my head for that amount of time per day. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Some other suggestions to have a look, thanks everyone.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Since you're in the UK how about RHA?

http://www.rha-audio.com/uk/headphones.html

I have the MA600i which are excellent though just outside your price range at £59. Maybe the MA450i which are £39 and also iPhone compatible?

I think i will probably fork out for those MA600i's..... thanks for the heads up.

May have to wait a couple of months now, I just bought a new dj controller and a pair of sennheiser hd25-II over ear cans

georgeNa

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
Any suggestion on reasonably priced bluetooth headset that is capable to activate Siri?
I checked many Amazon reviews and only a few had it highlighted.
I need it for cycling, I'm not a music freak, so I'm fine with basic quality sound.
I'm looking more for some of those chinese ones you can get off amazon, eBay than anything fancy.
Thank you very much for the suggestions.

soupcan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
Netherlands
I got the Sennheiser Momentum On-ears for a good deal ($99), and before I got myself some Bowers & Wilkins P3s. They are just great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.