headphone suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by puckhead193, Mar 29, 2015.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I need a new pair of earbuds for listening on the go. Nothing too fancy but i do want something of decent quality. I'm willing to spend around $150. I used to have the klispch S4i, B&W C5s. I would like something similar.

I was thinking of the Jaybird Xs but i'm sure about battery life. I rather just grab and go and not worry about battery life/charge. Maybe the sennheiser Momentum in-ears. I'm at a loss, any ideas

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the Jaybird Bluebuds which are super for freedom of movement. The sound quality is really decent for Bluetooth and the battery life is pretty good as well

3. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

4. barrikade macrumors member

I am in the same boat as you bro! I'm leaning towards Klipsch myself.

What's the successor to the S4i? If there is one, why not stay with Klipsch?

5. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

They have the R6i and the X4i.
    I ended up yesterday buying the Jaybird X's. I had best buy price match amazon $119 (at the time) and I have $15 in rewards credit and someone gave me a $50 gift card thing from the holidays so it was reasonable. I still want a wired pair.

They sound really good. I'm quite impressed with them. A slight bass heavy but not too much for modern pop style music. My only complaint about them is the actual buds are larger and stick out from a fashion standpoint (but this is due to the fact who hold the battery and other electronics not just the drivers) and the beep every time you change the volume and tracks using the 3 button mic.
    I don't know if I would use these everyday for commuting because of the battery and recharging.

6. cshk9574 macrumors member

it sounds better and stays in better with comply foam...I just got the mix pack (Sport, isolation, and comfort). Haven't tried all three...wonder if the 3 really makes a difference?

7. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I like the Comply Sports on my Bluebuds. I also have a set of LG Tone Pros and the Bluebuds are my daily users.

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Love the Bluebuds. They are my go to earbuds when I need to be unrestricted. When I want the absolutely best quality sound, I use my Shure 535's.

9. cshk9574 macrumors member

nice....those are nice. I had them as well.....

you should upgrade and try the custom 1964 v6 or v8? I use them when I'm leading praise at church and outside of church like you when I want to immersed in the music..too bad there's no bluetooth that can come close to the sound quality of the 2 mentioned.

10. Nhwhazup, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I just recently got the Shure 535's so I'm blissfully happy listening to Tidal with them. I know, I know -crazy to spend the money on the subscription but I really love the lossless music. My daughters pitched in and paid for a year for me for my birthday.

----------

I just checked out the 1964's website, wow those look super. They must sound just grand.

I also have the Klipsch 10xi and they are a nice set and I have the Bose QC 20's, and although they all have their own feature benefits, neither come close to my Shure's.

11. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm still irritated at how many bluetooth headphones still use older chipsets that don't support wideband audio in calls.

You're listening to your music all happily, then a Facetime audio call comes in and it's like an AM radio. :(

And of course, few manufacturers have good information on what chipset capabilities they have.

12. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Do you know which ones support the wide bsnd audio?