Headphones advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brimmy, Jun 4, 2010.

1. brimmy macrumors newbie

So the generic apple headphones that i got with my 3gs lasted me about 6-7 months, which i was actually fairly impressed with, but now I am on the hunt for a new pair.

I have searched high and low and am really struggling. (before people mention it, i have already searched this forum and mac-forums and that did not help)

What i am looking for:
    - On ear/over ear/around ear style headphones.
    - iPod controls and microphone.
    - Budget of £100, I will pay not a penny more.

While the sound that the apple headphones generate is'nt great, they do represent great value, etc because of the mic + iPod controls which is why i haven't bothered to look for different headphones until they broke.

Sound quality is important to me, but not o the detriment of style.

So to sum up, can anyone recommend some on ear headphones with in-line iPod controls and mic that sound and look good costing under £100.

Thanks very much.

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

3. brimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

No offense elephunkman, but do you really think i hadn't tried that?
    Any ideas people?

4. hushmartin macrumors 6502

The ipod controls that you mentioned are also called "tapline" controls. That may help you in your search. Sorry, but I haven't *personally* seen any over the ear/on ear/ around ears like you are looking for-- just earbu

edit to add: have you considered getting a separate tapline control module for a set of headphones that meet your criteria??

5. brimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I did think about that, but it think it would really frustrate me to always have a 3 metre-ish cable.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Just a suggestion.. There are headphones with mics and buttons for voice control and such, but the only one with volume controls that I have ever come across are the dr. dre ones.

7. brimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah sorry, may have seemed a little aggressive there.
    The thing with the beats by dre headphones is that while they do cater for what i really want, the lowest model costs £150 with the best model costing around £260+, so it's out of my price range to begin with. On top of that i have heard that they are just very brittle and flimsy and that they are very prone to breaking.
    I'm just very apprehensive about spending £150+ on a pair of headphones that are very likely to break, knowing my luck, as soon as the warrenty runs out.
    Appreciate the idea though.

8. brimmy thread starter macrumors newbie