Headphones Connection Order

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by alansmallen, Apr 27, 2015.

1. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

What's the best way to connect bluetooth headphones for ease of use / battery life? If I'm streaming music from my phone, should I connect my Watch to my phone, and then the bluetooth headphones to the watch? Or both the Watch and the headphones to the phone? Thanks!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I think you can ONLY connect to the iPhone. Connecting to the :apple:Watch is only for music that is loaded onto the :apple:Watch and not streamed.

Streaming music to the :apple:Watch and then streaming to the headphones would eat the :apple:Watch battery up. You would NOT want to do it this way even if you could.

3. alansmallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Didn't even notice I couldn't do that.

4. linhromrom macrumors member

You can connect headphone to iPhone then listen to music on your iphone. And control your play with the Watch

or you can connect the headphone to the Watch, listen to music on your watched (preloaded through the phone). This is when you wanna leave your phone at home, say going for a jog, etc

UP to you, it drains battery more on whichever you connected to. Also you only can load up to 2GB of music to the watch anyway, so very limited to certain tasks.