Headphones/earbuds for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chuchichan, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2010
    Usually when I'm commuting I see people with the iPhone, but they are not listening to music. I'm currently an iPod Touch user and thinking of going for the iPhone. I primarily use the Touch for listening to music and podcasts.

Do people not use the iPhone for audio because it's hard to answer a call or make a call?

For those of you that use headphones/earbuds, what are the best? I use earbuds now, but it's sort of hard to unwind them and wind them up all the time.

What's the best way to go if I want to use headphones?
  2. tersono macrumors 68000

Jan 18, 2005
    I use the iPhone for audio all the time - both via headphones and in the car (when it's usually also being used for satnav). No problems - an incoming call just pauses the music.
  3. Alaerian Guest

Jan 6, 2005
    A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
    I still use my original 16GB iPhone 2G, and I regularly listen to music while on campus for college. I recently acquired the Zagg SmartBuds, and I would recommend them to anyone. Moderately inexpensive, and you can always find "x0% off" codes on these forums, making them a very nice deal. The build quality is high, sound quality is high, and a generally nice product.

It's extremely convenient for me to use my iPhone to listen to music, as I don't have to change devices or remove my earbuds to make/receive any phone calls.
  4. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

Nov 9, 2009
    If your just asking for better earphones than the ones in box take a look at these. You can answer and make calls without issues. The over all sound quality is very good. But for listening to music I use the UE tripple.fi 10 Pro.
  5. TapHappy macrumors regular

May 21, 2009
    Check out the iPhone accessory forum. Lot's of good tips and discussions on this very subject.

6. SL4VE macrumors 6502

Aug 19, 2010
    my iPod 5G sounds better than my iP4 on my bose and sennheisers...