Headphones/earbuds

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Feng Shui, May 26, 2009.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

I'm looking to get a new headphone because my Sennheiser CX500 have died after over abusing the cord. The thing I'm most concerned about is the bass. I wand it loud, crisp and clear.

The earbud candidates are:
    1. Shure SE310
    2. Monster Turbine
    3. Ultimate Ears super.fi 5

The headphone candidates are:
    1. Monster Beats
    2. and I have no idea...

Does anyone have any experience with these devices? Which one has the best base? If you have some other suggestions, feel free to add them.

Thanks.

2. galactic732 macrumors member

3. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I use the Shure SE210's and can't say enough good things about them. My one complaint is that due to the thickness of the cord, it tends to stay bent. Luckily, buying replacement cords is very easily. I have also tried the SE310s, and while they are awesome, I don't think they are $100 better than the 210s. If bass is what you want, however, then the 310s are best for you. They have an extra bass module in addition to the high definition sound module in the 210s.

5. tonynz macrumors member

I have used the following in-ear headphones:

Bose in ear (4 months)
    Shure E2C (1 year)
    Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 (1 year)
    SE210 (6 months)
    SE310 (Still using it...)

The SE310s are absolutely amazing and the bass drivers are a welcomed upgrade over the S210.

I expected a minor upgrade in quality of sound from the SE210s as they are great already but did not expect such an upgrade in sound quality.

The high, mid and low are a lot more clear and separated which makes a great and enjoyable listening experience.

Those who can not justify the extra dosh to upgrade from the SE210 to the SE310 - I would highly recommend you upgrading as I wish I had these from the start.

6. TheGreatEscape macrumors newbie

If you don't want to spend a lot, Skull Candy does the job.

For $15 that is.