Headphones for airplanes

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thenumbersrbad, Jul 18, 2009.

1. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Does anyone have any good suggestions for headphones to use during a flight. I'd be looking for something to kind of drown out outside noise and I'd love to have them be wireless. I'm using the iPhone 3Gs. Thanks in advance!!

2. asaeta macrumors member

if youre willing to spend the money, the bose QC2's are wonderful for that, cant really hear anything with music on. i use them for every flight. (even though the QC3's are newer, they dont cover the ear, thus they dont give the same noise canceling effect as the QC2's).

3. swwang macrumors newbie

Yes, Bose QC2, I've used it in flight for many years.
    You can't use wireless in flight for now.

Scott

4. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

5. RSW macrumors member

RSW

I travel quite a lot and always use the standard apple earphones. They sound good and store well for travel.

6. gregslc66 macrumors newbie

Sony MDR-NC40

I fly quite a bit & I use the Sony MDR-NC40's. They're noise cancellation is great & it eliminates the jet noise. They were $70? at BestBuy.

You won't be able to use wireless headphones on a plane...at least not without breaking the rules.

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

When I lived in Singapore, I traveled almost constantly. I used (and still have) a pair of Sennheisers. The PX 200 which there are newer and better versions of now.

[​IMG]

They fold, do a very good of drowning sound out. Comfortable enough to sleep with if you can. They have a solid carrying case and an adaptor for airplane use. Now that I'm more landlocked in the US, I use them when gaming.

If I were to go back to flying regularly, I'd use these (still mint condition) then grab another pair of Sennhesiers in a heartbeat.