headphones for iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hvgotcodes, Oct 21, 2011.

1. hvgotcodes macrumors member

What's a good pair of headphones for the 4s that allow to manipulate siri via the controls on the headphones (ie does everything the stock iphone earphones do)?

2. seraveegn003 macrumors newbie

Check it in Amazon , i think monsters is the best ...alternative u can choose BOSE sport

3. njgeek macrumors regular

For quality and awesome sound you should be looking at Bowers & Wilkins C5, Klipsch Image S4I, Sennheiser MM70i, etc. Stay away from Beats, Monster, Bose, and Bang & Olufsen.

4. hvgotcodes thread starter macrumors member

Really I thought Bose are pretty good. How are shures? I have some of their sound isolating headphones and I think they work pretty well.

5. njgeek macrumors regular

Shure makes a good headphone. The Bose ones aren't horrible (and worlds better than Monster or Beats), but still not as clean a sound and really overpriced for what you're getting.

6. hvgotcodes thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking about

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE115m-...G33C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319223568&sr=8-1

but see some negative reviews. Also, will *any* set with a microphone do all the things the default iphone headphones do?

7. njgeek macrumors regular

I don't know the answer to this, I've heard there are some specifically made for Droid. Usually the maker will put an "i" in the product if it works. I know Shure makes iPhone compatible cables for many of their phones/IEMs.

8. zpbmw macrumors newbie

Stay away from the Beats Tour, they're garbage (currently own a pair).

I've had the Klipsch Image S4 and they're pretty good, I think my next pair will be Sennheiser's though.

9. hvgotcodes thread starter macrumors member

can you recommend a specific set?

----------

thanx for the recommendation.

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

11. njgeek macrumors regular

1st choice is Bowers and Wilkins C5s, second choice Klipsch S4i, third choice most anything by Etymotic or Sennheiser. If you get IEMs, replace the silicone tips with Comply foam. Ultra comfort for long usage, optimal sound, etc.

12. hvgotcodes thread starter macrumors member

Hmm those cords seem *really* thin. How is the build quality? For $180, they better not come apart...

13. njgeek macrumors regular

Cords on which, the Bowers and Wilkins? EXTREMELY solid, their build quality is tremendous. The ear loops on those are stellar too.

I keep them in a tangled ball in my pockets and have no issues, though they also include a great carry case. I also have their P5 headphones which are awesome.

They usually stock both at Apple stores. I'd get them and return if they don't work.

14. hvgotcodes thread starter macrumors member

Thanx for all the help. I will probably try that. Looking on amazon, everything has 4 stars. hmmm tough choice.

15. iBrody macrumors 6502

I'm hankering after a set of B&W P5's. Might have to sell my Beat Pro's to fund them though

16. fotomatt1 macrumors regular

17. hizzaah macrumors 6502

all it says is that it excludes products by Bose, Monster Beats, and LifeProof. I'd say that makes anything else fair game. As long as they're classified as a phone accessory

18. GP_1 macrumors regular

19. njgeek macrumors regular

The P5s are so beautiful. They're made to work perfectly with the Cirrus Logic DACs in the iPhone (but are even better with a head amp). I was using a Bang and Olufsen Earset 3i when the C5 came out....I've gone to the C5 and never looked back. P5 and C5 for any situation!

And yeah, well worth ditching Beats.

20. fotomatt1 macrumors regular

What I'm not clear on is if you have to buy a smartphone at the same time in order to get the discount?

21. njgeek macrumors regular

Not sure if you'll get the accessory thing on B&W or Klipsch. While apple stores market them as accessories, best buy puts them in the "magnolia theater" section.

22. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how do the B&W C5 compare in sound to the p5s? Any one own a pair of S4i and B&W c5s, how do they compare?