Headphones for Iphone3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevepeck, Jul 17, 2008.

1. stevepeck macrumors member

Anyone have any idea what the best headphones are for the Iphone, to be honest l dont like the ones that came with it.

2. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

There are many many different brands out there. Personally I have a set of Shure in ear ones. However now that the 3G has a standard connection socket you can use any ones that you want.

It's just case of finding ones you like.

3. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I know theres the vibe mode duo or something that are earbuds and have the clicker but I have not actually used them.

ChrisN

4. Bleh5 macrumors regular

V-Moda Vibe Duos. I had to get my set replaced 2 times due to one side or the other cutting out. Shoddy craftsmanship.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

When it comes to transducers "best" is subjective. Have tried and used many IEM's and use UE 11 Pro's and love them.

6. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Oh now you've done it....

I can say good things about Ultimate Ears. I upgraded from their .5 pro version to the triple fi. That's not an inexpensive upgrade. I find both to be excellent.

I've replaced the standard tips with custom ones from earplugstore.com and they are excellent and for the price ($115) really a great bargain.

The Ultimate Ear .5 pros are a great bang for the buck though. But I can't live without the custom plugs matched now. It's way too comfortable. You make them yourself with a kit at home and then the earplug store turns it around in about 10 days.

Best of luck!

Oh and it seems the new 3G phone sounds even better too.:p

7. Bleh5 macrumors regular

Any good recommendations for an asymmetric pair of ear buds with the microphone/button?

Seems like the Sennheiser MM50 iP may be the way to go, but I absolutely refuse to pay a $50 premium over their regular Sennheiser MM50 just because the plug is different.

8. View macrumors regular

I use the Bose QuietComfort 3 and very happy with them personally.

9. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I've been through a lot of headphones: Apple, Bose IE, VModa, B&O iPhone, but the absolute best sounding ones I've found are the UB7EB from Ultimate Buds.

We all know the Apple's are garbage, my VModa's have been sent in twice for repairs (shoddy craftmanship and customer service), the Bose sounded okay, but didnt have the Mic/Clicker, and B&O were okay, but not worth the money.

I tried out the UB7EB and I'm amazed. Great sound, great bass, and the mic/clicker from the original iPhone. They are a bit pricey, but I dont have a problem paying if they sound great, and they do. And customer service with them is top notch too.

10. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

mine broke about 10 months into my warrenty and they didnt fix it because i didnt buy it from a bose store or online.

ChrisN

11. View macrumors regular

Really? That sucks man. Seems like there should be a way for them to pull out the manufacture date!!

Bose's customer service has always been awesome for me. They replaced one instantly because there was a very minor problem with my first pair.
    Recently, I complained about how the case squeeze the headphone, so they instantly sent me the new case and a new pair of cushion without having to send the old case back.

12. pflau macrumors 6502

If you mean headphones in general, there are many many choices.

But if mean headphones specifically for the iPhone, meaning those with mic and clicker, then there are two that I know.

Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi. - I won these. they are noise isolating and they sound EXCELLENT. HOWEVER, the clicker is VERY POORLY MADE. It sometimes click, sometimes doesn't, and sometimes short circuit. Also, it feels kinda strange talking on the phone with your ears plugged up.

Bang & Olufsen EarSet 3 - I have not used these, but I have owned the A8 which these are based on. The A8 also sound EXCELLENT, though not quite as good as the Ultimate Ears which has better bass and definition. Since I don't own these I can't speak for the quality of the clicker and mic.

13. KD110 macrumors member

UE11 Pro's cost $1150 - you had better love them as they are loving you for buying them...:D

anyone use the Etymotic's? I have always heard good things about them, and I see they now have one for the iphone HF2:
    http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf2.aspx