Headphones for mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ameerdd, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ameerdd macrumors newbie

ameerdd

Hello,
    i am new to this community, yesterday i received my first apple computer ( iMac 27 inch 5k )
    i was thinking of buying good headphones with great quality of sound, i have been looking at logitech g430 and razer kraken 7.1.
    do you recommend one of those ? or do you have better suggestion for same price and same quality.
    i guess they are both compatible with mac OS ( their software )

thank you

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Headphones are headphones to be honest compatability wise buy what you like they should all work fine.

3. kohlson macrumors 6502a

I think there are a lot of factors to consider: price, corded (length) or cordless, gaming, audio quality, noise cancelling, long-term comfort, and so on. As noted above, any headphone will work.It's all about how you plan to use them along with personal preferences.

4. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Bose QC25.
    But everybody has different things he wants from headphones.

5. HvLee macrumors member

HvLee

I like my Philips Fidelio X/1 (X/2 are out now) ... but I only use them to listen to music (via Audioquest Dragonfly DAC).

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Comes down to personal choice. Go to a store and try them out. That's what I did. Thought I was certain on what I wanted when I went to buy mine until I went out to the store and started to try the many different ones they had. Was I surprised at what I ended up with. Saved myself a little money and in the end was super pleased with my choice. We all hear things differently.

7. SpinalTap macrumors regular

SpinalTap

In-store auctioning is vital in ensuring you don't waste your money. An aesthetically pleasing set of headphones doesn't necessarily mean that they sound as good as they look.

Even so, I was pleasantly surprised to discover one benefit in buying a set of Bluetooth headphones. At home, in pairing my headphones with my Mac Mini (with iTunes open), I can use my iPhone's (Apple) Remote app to access all the music I own, rather than being limited to the storage capacity for playing music on my iPhone.

8. sartrekid macrumors 6502

I use the Bowers & Wilkins P7 (wired) with my Mac. There's also a newer wireless version. The sound is excellent.

9. miffytherabbit macrumors newbie

miffytherabbit

I use Sennheiser HD650's and they have a really lovely sound. They're not particularly cheap, but they are worth it - I've had this pair for over five years and, if anything they have improved with age as the parts have bedded down.