Headphones for motorcyclists

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by strikingviking, Apr 7, 2010.

1. strikingviking macrumors member

What are the best sounding and best microphone ear buds for motorcyclists that fit inside a full face helmet? I used and liked the Mac earbuds as they fit inside my ears comfortably and sounded great for music as well as phone calls, but unfortunately, they are not very durable. One side shorted out after a few months.

I have a regular iPhone 3G, not a 3Gs if that makes a difference. Channel changing and volume controls are not as important as sound quality with wind and engine noise as a factor.
    Thanks for your advice

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Any of the Shure line-up with the Shure MPA. I'm partial to the SE530s.

3. petonic macrumors newbie

Custom Earplugs

I use custom earplugs from www.earplugco.com. It's kind of an elaborate process and you have to make a mold of your ears and then send it in, and then he sends you the earplugs to you. But talk about great wind noise protection and sound fidelity? You'll hear instruments that you've never heard in the songs before. And the bass response is pretty incredible. Just make sure to turn them down when entering city traffic as it *will* obscure the sound of emergency vehicles (close call!).