Headphones for my iOS devices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by meget, Jul 15, 2012.

1. meget macrumors member

Hey all,

Would anyone be able to give me an advice on what earphones to chose for my iPhone 4 and 3d Generation iPad. Currently i have the standard ones from iPhone 4. And well on a bus or plane when watching a movie for example the noise is there, the volume is not as high as i would want it to be. Any advice on how to resolve my dilemma? :)

Thanks. Direct links to products and personal experience or opinions welcome. :apple:

2. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

So you want a noise-cancelling IEM? Is a portable headphone acceptable for you instead? I would recommend you go with the B&W P5 (or P3) in that case. It is a great headphone with great comfort and noise isolation.

If you prefer IEMs though, I've heard great things from Etymotic HF5 owners.

3. meget thread starter macrumors member

By portable you mean the big headphones that cover the ear rather go inside it? :)

As for the tip thanks. What do you think about the standard apple or bose sold on apple website which are supposed to be noise canceling, do they give more volume than the standard ios set with the iphone.

The big headphones are probly not comfortable in flight or to carry around, due to folding and risk to break... :S

----------

BTW the B&W do they work with ipads too? i see the remote is iphone compatible so i figure the answer is yes :)

4. Destroysall, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

Yes!! Most headphones can fold and become really portable nowadays. I'd recommend them the most. Plus you will be receiving a huge upgrade in sound.

I'm not sure about Apple earphones, but Bose has some great headphones/earphones. I'd recommend the QC15. Magnificent for flights. :)

Bowers & Wilkins products work excellent with iDevices. No amps or anything is needed.

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I use a mix of three headphone

1) Motorola SD9 (BT connected); mainly for daily commuting as no cable involved; but I get get dropouts in crowded areas.
    2) BW P5 for quality times and traveling
    3) Denon InEar as backup in backpack in case the Motorola runs out of juice or dropouts get too much.

use them all with iPod, iPad and iPhone

6. Mickey8297 macrumors member

Mickey8297

Klipsch

I have the Klipsch Image s4 and I really like them. They are often considered the best in-ear headphones under $100. They can be found cheaper by searching online. If you want headphone with a microphone, Klipsch makes a version with the mic (Image s4i).

http://www.klipsch.com/image-s4-black-in-ear-headphones

7. meget thread starter macrumors member

Thanks folks! :) Really great tips, keep em coming will do the search and destroy... i mean buy mission today and analyze the above models.

8. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

Klipsch Image S4 or S4I

Goood sound and soooo comfortable

9. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

The three I use are -

Apple in ear headphones for everyday use
    Dre Solo headphones for travel
    Nike wrap arounds for running

It really depends on your budget but the apple in ear ones are good and only 100 bucks, I use to have the dre beats in ears but they broke.

Good luck with your buy!