Headphones for running

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mainbeam, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Mainbeam macrumors member

Mainbeam

Hi folks,

I'm considering a new pair of headphones. Currently have 'Ur Beats 2' and like the sound quality. I like the look of the Solo 2/3's and the reviews for sound quality are good. I don't know how suitable they would be for running though with sweating. Reviews for Powerbeats 2/3 not so good with ear fit and longevity (volume control failing etc). The Beatsx look very similar to my current set except for the Bluetooth.

Does anyone here run with on ear headphones and how do you find they are once you start sweating?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think the whole "sweatproof" genre of earbuds is marketing. I've been running in Shure 535s for years and they are def. not sold as athletic gear. I can't imagine running with on-ear headphones. Seems uncomfortable, but each to his own. On that note, I just bought a pair of Jaybird Freedom buds on a lark -- they were 1/2 price and thought why not try. So far I like them and will keep. Sound quality isn't anywhere near even $100 wired but decent enough for running and the best sounding BT buds I've ever heard, albeit that isn't too many pairs. I like not having a long cable and these are not bulky at all like most BT headphones. Fit wise they feel exactly like my Shures wearing them the over the ear. I don't use the ear flanges.

Also tried out a pair of PowerBeats2. The sound was OK. Fit was decent and comfortable enough. I just didn't like the look.

If I were you I'd buy a couple different models and test them out. Ear buds are one of the most personal gadgets out there in terms of fit and sound.

3. clerkpalmer macrumors member

If you can live with 90 minute battery life, hard to beat the Gear IconX as a pure running headphone. The Bose Soundsport Wireless is also a solid option.

4. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

I have been very happy with my Plantronics BackBeat Fit headphones. Amazon and Costco both have 'em.

5. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I currently use the BOSE Soundsport Wireless and although they look a little chunky, I can't really fault them. The comfort is fantastic.