Headphones for the Gym?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mac., Jan 26, 2009.

1. Mac. macrumors 6502

Can anyone recommend me some good headphones for the gym?

One's that won't fall out while on the treadmill are the kind I'm looking for.

Thanks.

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I use the jaybird JB-200i and they work great. The sound quality is perfect and I never have to worry about hitting the cord and pulling them out of my ears.

3. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I use the Sony Sports -- they stay in, sound ok, and claim some waterproofing (who knows on that one...)

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I use my white Apple buds without issue. For added support you could put some bud covers on them.... older iPods used to ship with them.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I dont know how you do it, those things dont stay in my ear even when i'm sitting still lol. I guess it all depends on each individuals ears but i could never use the white apple buds, they just slide out of my ears or hang loosely. anyway i use these for running:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TP608ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MjQzMzYzNw&p=2&s=topSellers

you can adjust them and make them tighter.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I use bud covers on my Apple ear buds and they work fine for walking or just casual listening, but those bitches fall out of my ear the whole time I am doing any type of workout. I use some cheap Sony over the ear style that work well, but they still can get in the way when running. A few times I have pulled the chord on accident and my Iphone went flying on the floor. Thankfully the floor is padded and I use a case.

I want a detachable style that would prevent that.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

The Apple earbuds....not only do they NOT stay in while sitting still, but they hurt so much after about 2 minutes!!!

I've been using Sony EX71 for years and they stay put and don't hurt. Plus, they have a nice short cord. Also included in a extender. I personally like to clip my Nano or Shuffle to my tank at the strap. The cord isn't as annoying when it's closer.

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I use Sennheiser Twist to Fit ones. Take a little getting used to in terms of putting them in but stay put pretty well even on longish runs.

10. Be.Jammmin macrumors newbie

I have been using these with great success:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-As50...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233007679&sr=8-3

I run pretty hard and sweat heavily and have never had an issue with them coming out. I thought that I might have an issue when bench pressing and the back of my head on the bench, however you don't even notice them. Plus if you use an armband, this set has a short cord and an extension. With just the short cord, they plug into my ipod on my arm at the bicep level with no extra cord to tether up.

B

11. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

12. Mac. thread starter macrumors 6502

13. Be.Jammmin macrumors newbie

14. Dean Romero macrumors newbie

Earbud Covers

I have been using some new earbud covers called Breppies. They dont fall off of the earbud at all and they keep the buds in your ears.

I think you can get a pair for Free at Breppies dot com....

15. Mac. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sennheiser MX75 Sport.

They should arrive on Monday :)

[​IMG]