headphones in the wash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sr5878, Mar 2, 2008.

1. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

hey folks

wow... didn't think this would ever happen to me!

came home for spring break and had my headphones in my pocket..... then gave my mom some laundry to do for me (and before you get up on me for having my mommy do my laundry i'll have you know she almost forced me to let her!) and i just now realized that i still had my headphones in there! they went through full washer/dryer cycles and i just tried them... they still work!

the rubber areas are all chewed up though... think i could convince an apple store rep that they're defective and get a new pair?

:)

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

If they still work how are you going to even try to convince them they're defective? I wouldn't think ugly, beat up things that still work would be considered defective...

3. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i didnt mean that, i meant like, can i convince them that the rubber is defective?

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

You mean you want to tell them the headphones came like that? Guess it's worth a shot...

5. tytanic11 macrumors member

Claiming they came like that is just dishonest, and customers who pull stuff like that are exactly why some stores are forced to adopt stricter return/exchange policies. You can get a replacement pair for $30 from Apple. While the damage was an accident; it is certainly not Apple's fault and they shouldn't have to pay for it.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Please bro. It costs them a fraction of that to manufacture a bundle of those things...

7. tytanic11 macrumors member

We all know Apple makes a good profit margin on their goods. We also all know that most Apple products are luxury items, and if you can afford an iPhone, Mac Pro, etc,etc. you can definitely afford the $30 headphones that go with it.

8. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I say use it as a justifiable excuse to yourself to go out and upgrade, or buy a new pair. :p

9. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh god... not another one of these people.

i didn't wake up one morning and say "ah, i suppose i shall purchase an iphone today"... i saved up my money for several months to buy it with enough money to keep my rate plan going.

the value of money is relative... just because you might have a stable job and enough money to support yourself doesn't mean that everyone does. i bought it so i could run my business more efficiently and make my clients happier... maybe in the long run i'll be as wealthy as you :)

but for right now, $30 for a pair of earbuds just isnt in my budget.

10. eBay macrumors member

i dont understand why you want to try and get new ones if the original still work?:confused: