Headphones not working in Vista

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jinx1181, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jinx1181 macrumors newbie

As the title states, is anyone having trouble using headphones using windows vista under boot camp? I've tried 3 different pairs and none seem to work....the sound menu states that headphones are plugged in and working however all sounds are still coming out of the speakers, which are also not loud even if turned up to the max.

No problems whatsoever in OSX though, go figure :rolleyes:

Update: Forgot to mention this is the new 13" MBP, and also been messing with vista settings and now able to get sound from headphones but I have to manually set it as default before opening any applications which is really annoying when wanting to go back and forth from speaker to headphones...

2. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Not to be rude or anything, but 1. Why in God's name do you have Vista and 2. Why in God's name do you have Vista on the MBP when you've got OSX???

The answer to your question might be that there's something worng with the drivers, try reinstalling the audio driver

Hope it helps!

3. kittykatne macrumors newbie

Although I'm not the OP, I can still answer the questions based on MY MBP and Vista situation....a) because Vista is what we have and I'm not paying more to buy another copy of Windows when I just got a lovely new laptop
    b) because OSX won't run my games, damn them, damn them all to hell! *sigh*

One game I want to play, and it won't run in OSX.... cheaper to load Windoze in bootcamp than to buy a whole extra laptop just for my preferred game.

Anyway ... I'm having the same problem as the OP, in that headphones on the Windows side of my MBP don't seem to be recognized as being plugged in. There's a red light inside the headphone jack when booted into Windows. Still looking for a fix -- I agree that sound drivers seem to be the most likely culprit.

4. kinga86 macrumors newbie

Fix!!!

Heres how you do it: in vista go to control panel, sound plug ya head phones in and set them as default there you go!! YAYAYAY:D