Headphones or laptop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jasonbot, Apr 19, 2007.

?

Which should I get?

1. Sennheiser pxc 350 headphones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12" Powerbook G4

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Other, please specify...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I've got a spin up here I guess,
    I've been lusting over the new sennheiser pxc 350 headphones for a while now but at the same time I've also been lusting over a 12" powerbook G4.

Now I don't know what to get? I don't have any money but My parents are going to europe for a month and promised me "something".

But now with the 12" pb, I'de need to get a good second hand one and since shipping to South Africa has never been good/possible now is my chance. So does anyone know where I could get a powerbook g4 12" possibly without a harddrive or extra RAM, as I already have those, if I were to choose the powerbook.

On a final note; I once had a 14" iBook which died on me (logic board failure). I'm scared that the same could happen with a 2nd hand powerbook, should I not be so afraid? Now I have a 20" iMac C2D but feel empty without a laptop.

2. BenHoleton macrumors regular

Is there a reason you need that expensive a set of headphones? I was a professional drummer and have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M30's that I bought for appr. $80 that worked great in that environment. I also have a pair of custom-molded in ear monitors that didn't cost that much. So I would reccomend the Powerbook.

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I wanted the headphones because they are noise cancelling, and they are Sennheiser which seemed great at the time; still seems great.

Does anyone have a side-by-side shot of a 12" powerbook next to a 12" iBook to compare the physical size of the two laptops. I'm looking for ultra portable which my old iBook was not.

4. hircus macrumors member

I have the Sennheiser 280 and even though they are not actively noise-cancelling, it's really quiet with them on and they cost under 100 bucks (US). Highly recommended!