Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Question about playing and pausing with the headphones.

Is it normal that the headphones won't play the track if for instance you leave the iPod player and go into SMS? Or if you've paused your music, left, came back and tried to play the track using the headphones finding that a SMS popped up while you were gone. Would that cause me to be unable to play music? If an SMS popped up?

Just checking in!

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
It'll play if the screen is on, but if I get an SMS and the screen goes back to sleep it won't start playing the music.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Found that a reset fixed it, holding down the home and sleep buttons until it turned off (note a regular "Slide to Turn Off" did not work).

jonnymo5

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Texas
After a certain amount of time in locked mode the phone will go to sleep and you can't start music with the headphones. The amount of time for this is much less if you actually lock it yourself. Just hit one of the buttons to wake it and then you can use the headphone button. I can always hear a click through the headphones when it goes to sleep or wakes up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.