Headphones question!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stefmesman, Feb 4, 2011.

1. stefmesman macrumors 6502

Hello! I was looking to buy an new headphone to do my editing work on both at home on my imac, and mobile on my macbook pro.

So i found a headphone that i like but, theres 2 versions of it.
    The:
    Sennheiser 280 HD
    Sennheiser 280 HD 13

The second one has a higher impedance. Wich should i take and what will be the difference?

2. aussiedj macrumors regular

http://tinyurl.com/45dj5ga

Easily tells you:
    These headphones are, to give them their full name, Sennheiser's HD 280 Pro, 64 ohm version. As distinct from the HD 280-13, which is a 300 ohm version of the same thing. The basic model's lower impedance is, for most users, better; it means headphone outputs that can't manage a whole lot of voltage will probably still be able to drive the 'phones to impressive volume. For weedy portable players you often really want 32 ohm 'phones, but sealed phones mean you have less outside noise to compete with, so 64'll do.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If, in addition to your iMac, you plan to use these 'phones with something like a hi-fi amplifier, the 300ohm version will be the correct match.

4. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you guys so far. i do have and hifi amplifier. but this one is pretty big. wich i wont be carrying around with my macbook pro. i have an TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6. wich i use to connect up my monitor speakers and microphone on my iMac.

So what are the pros and cons on having different impedance?

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T