Headphones Splitter For Ipod Touch 2G 16GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Ipod-Touch-16GB, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Ipod-Touch-16GB macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have an Ipod Touch 2G 3.0 firmware , and I bought for it the Switcheasy Thumbtack microphone...

I tried to use the microphone with frings however the ipod touch recognize the microphone as headphones so Im not able to hear & speak at the same time...

so I want to ask, if I bring a headphone splitter like one those :

[​IMG]
    Or
    [​IMG]

and plug in the splitter into the ipod and plug in to the splitter headphones and microphone, would I be able to Speak an Talk at the same time ?!

Thanks

2. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

As far as my experience with headphone splitters goes, I highly doubt your plan will work.

Plus you have to remember a microphone usually has 3 rings on the 3.5 mm jack, not two as standard audio headphones have.

Why don't you just buy a set of headphones with a built in microphone and/or remote.

3. Ipod-Touch-16GB thread starter macrumors newbie

there is a splitter with 3 rings maybe it will work ?!

and are you sure that it will not work or you just think so ?! because I have been told two times that it will work...

4. Ipod-Touch-16GB thread starter macrumors newbie

5. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Well with 3 rings perhaps it might . And I believe it won't work theoretically. Headphone splitters are such funny devices, believe me I have two :cool: . Both of which perform somewhat dismally in my opinion regarding simple stereo audio to two earphones. So to try and add a microphone to the equation might be going a bit too far. ;)

** I've seen the links, yet i would still recommend getting a pair of headphones with built in microphone and/or mic. But it's your choice :D