Headphones stopped working as hands-free during call

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by crandel, Sep 22, 2008.

1. crandel macrumors member

Hey guys,

Has anyone else encountered this problem: the headphones to my iPhone work perfectly fine for every function of the phone (ipod, youtube, etc.) except during phone calls? By this I mean that whenever I call someone with my headset plugged in, they can't hear me and I can't hear them (their voice doesnt come out of any of the phone's speakers either.) I have found that I can fix it by calling someone then hanging up the phone with the button on the headset, and then the headset will work for the next call. It is very annoying to have to do this after every call... It will also work for a few calls after restoring the phone.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Best,
    Crandel

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Could be a defective headset. Stop-by an Apple Store or call Apple Tech Support...:(

3. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

No audio through headphone during calls

Exactly!! I don't think it is a defective headphone because I tried another one and it happens the same thing: the headphones work perfectly for any function on the iPhone (iPod, games, apps, etc) but when I make a call, I can't hear a thing or hear it very very low!! I already restarted, rebooted and always the same :s

I could also need help...

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Have apple genius look at it.

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It's not normal behavior for the iPhone headset because I know I use mine for calls all the time & see plenty of others do the same thing. I'd definitely take them into an Apple Store & have them looked at.

6. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

OMxG !!!

I feel the stupidest guy on earth....

I found the issue:

It happens that the iPhone has a volume setting for each of the functions... Per instance, the volume of headphones while listening to iPod is not the same as the headphone volume for calls...

I had the calls headphone volume in lowest setting... That was just it... :p

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

I was about to say.... ever thought of turning the volume up? I mean, seriously? :confused:

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

9. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

I really thought and I was really convinced that there where only 4 volume settings (for each HARDWARE): Ringer, Headphones, Speaker and iPhone's "ear phone"...

Geez....