Headphones trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by laserfox, Apr 15, 2008.

1. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I know this probably has been discussed before but I am a little upset at the amount of money I keep throwing away. I can't seem to keep a pair of headphones in working condition! A pair of "koss" headphones I recently bought has "shorted" on me and now only one ear works. I've had 3 pairs of skull candy headphones, countless sony's in-the-ear headphones and I even tried the apple in the ear-but I thought the sound quality/design wasn't that great. All these headphones lost sound in one of the earplugs!

Can anyone suggest headphones where the wiring is trusty and wouldn't come-apart by simply wrapping the headphones around the ipod for storing. I am willing to spend up to $100 bucks!

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

My advice is to try and find a pair made in Japan (where quality still means something). I'm betting all of the ones you bought before were made in China.

Mike

3. mac man 007 macrumors newbie

mac man 007

Japanese Headphones

My Apple iPhone Headphones still work but if you want headphones that will last get a SONY pair. My friend is extremely happy with his, and they haven't broken .... YET

Michael

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I have the er•6i's and I love them, highly recomended. They can be found on amazon for $75

I've also good things about shure headphones, the SE110 are their only sub-$100 pair, they can be found for $90 at amazon. Hope this helps.

5. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

Sennheiser make some pretty good in ear headphones. I have had some, they lasted about 12 months before I trod on one.

Highly recommended.

6. laserfox thread starter macrumors 6502

laserfox

Swarovski headphones

Thanks guys for the input. I was in Macy's today and they have a J&R electronic store there which happened to be selling these headphones.

[​IMG]
    Icon Headphones
    In-ear headphones with polished stainless steel body and high quality fabric-type cable. Soft and flexible earpiece made of transparent silicone with fully faceted dome-cut Silver Shade crystals on outside

I bought it because the cord seems to be made of rope which I think is more durable then the plastic coating which always cause the wiring to short. I also got the headphones for $50 bucks! The sound quality is awesome and yes..its dazzling.

Check it out here http://www.swarovski.com/product/Icon+Headphones/Web_US/en?CategoryName=010306&origin=detail

7. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

All my headphones are Sony.

They do wear out over time, but its definitely a reasonable amount of time. My last pair of earbuds were fine for about a year, and I use them alot. My DJ style ones have been going strong for a few years now too.