Headphones with a mic

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by 5by5, Nov 18, 2009.

1. 5by5 macrumors newbie

I have the Apple earbuds with remote and mic. They are alright but I am constantly readjusting or reinserting the buds because they fall out of my ears.

I have apps that I use that require a mic so I was wondering if anyone knew of any headphones that have a remote and mic.

I used to have a pair of Wi-gear iMuffs which I loved but my boyfriend borrowed them and lost the dongle so the controls no longer work. Also the mic doesn't get recognized by the apps that I have (Shazam being one).

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

3. 5by5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't mean to sound rude but those are still earbuds. I have tried many different types of earbuds and they always fall out of my ears. Can you please tell me what makes these any different?

Are there no headphones out there with a remote and mic?

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Klipsch S4i. I had the ones without the mic (S4) and loved them. The S4i comes in an in-line mic.

5. Paul7 macrumors newbie

Budfits

You should check out Budfits.

http://www.budfits.com/?gclid=CKf9tpP0mJ4CFZho5QodpVcFsA

They are over-the-ear adapters for your iPod earbuds! Pretty ingenious and they hold the earbuds in your ear pretty well.

Alternatively, any in-ear earbuds also help as they usually create a tight fit in your ear. The main purpose is to decrease the background noise, but it also helps hold the earbuds in place.

6. 5by5 thread starter macrumors newbie

@Jimmy James - I've heard a lot of good things about that particular brand of earbuds. Do they stay in your ears any better than other earbuds? Also, your user name is awesome, are you a NewsRadio fan?

@keifer64 - Bose are usually good quality and that headset definitely looks comfy.

@Paul7 - Those look really promising and I don't have to buy yet another new pair of ear/headphones. Have you tried them out?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. :)

7. dbwie macrumors 6502

I also have BudFits, love them! Very comfortable even when wearing for long periods of time.

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Yup, I was a big fan of the show back in the day.

They do stay in your ears really well, since they are "in-ear-monitors". They provide a bit of sound isolation as compared to ear buds, which may be good or bad depending on your needs. Their sound isolation is not as significant as other iem's.

In terms of sound quality they are significantly better than the Bose. I have heard both.