Headphones with remote and mic?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by TheLimpOne, Oct 24, 2008.

1. TheLimpOne macrumors newbie

I've been waiting awhile for the new headphones to come out... It's kind of annoying having it be impossible to change tracks on your Touch without having to take it out of your pocket, unlock it and go from there.

Anyone know when the new headphones are coming out? Or is there a nice alternative to this out right now anyway?

2. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

manager at the Apple flagship store in San Francisco said they will have the headphones mid Nov. The wait continues....

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I use Griffin SmartTalk, 1, 2 or 3 presses for Play\Pause, Next or Previous and the mic works for Skype or MSN voice calls and recording apps.

4. pkagel macrumors regular

The regular iPhone earphones will work fine for what you want. I tried them on a buddy's touch g2 yesterday. They won't do it on a Touch g1 though.

5. wheelhot macrumors 68020

Aaargh, November? I wonder why it took apple 2 months or more to release the new earphones? Lets hope its before the International Penang Bridge Marathon run :)

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

that's too longer. if Apple said 'october', it should be the end of october at least. I just wait for new in-earphone with expectation. I hope that it will be released this week.

7. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

well they said it will support voice memos, so it prly wont come out till 2.2 comes out.

8. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Just get one of these (if you have Target in your area as these are only sold in B&M stores):

Phillips iPhone Headphone/Microphone Adapter

The button also works: 1 press is Pause, 2 is Next Track, 3 is Replay Track, so it's quite useful (on the iPod touch 2nd generation, of course, I don't think that functionality works on the 1st generation, maybe I'll find out if I get one this week).