iPad Headphones

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Samtb, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Can anyone recommend any good quality headphones which can be purchased at a reasonable price? Not too expensive but not the cheapest one, which compromises on sound quality, either. I want it for listening to music and movies.

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

All the words in your OP are very subjective. You need to clarify what you consider to be "good" headphones. You also need to clearly state your budget. Don't just assume that your notion of cheap and expensive are the same as everyone else.

3. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

The problem is I don't know enough about headphones to answer those questions.

4. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

5. Samtb, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

On ear, I'm presuming these have better sound quality and are better for the ears. Budget: below 150usd.

So far, I've looked at AKG K430 and K619

6. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Audio Technica M50 hands down.

7. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

What's better for rock and pop: warmer or cooler sounding headphones? It is this just a matter of personal preference?

8. cryingrobot macrumors regular

Budget for headphones goes from 10 to 1000 dollars and you generally get what you pay for.

Yo have to ask yourself what you want them for. Daily commute? Sitting back at home? Do you need a mic?

For daily commute, you should get earbuds as regular in ear headphones will easily get overwhelmed by outside noise. Bluetooth is great but wired has noticeably better sound. I would not spend more than 200 since you will likely lose these as you carry them around. I have had nice ones stolen more than once. However, buy good quality or you will have tangled wires, unstable sound in one ear etc. look for thick wires. IMO Shure makes the best but look for the thick wires.

For home, a real head set is much more comfortable. I would even think about looking into wireless since you have the option of listening to music through your normal speakers and its really convenient to not have wires when you are relaxing at home.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

This is a very good post. I echo what you have said in that with headphones, you get what you pay for. If you love music, listen to it a lot, and have a long daily commute, it may well be worth your while investing in a decent pair.

I travel a lot, and - whether or not I am travelling - I listen to a lot of music. Over the years, I have had Bose, Sony and Sennheiser; they were all very good, but I wanted something better. Thus, over the past year, I have bought two sets of headphones from Bowers & Wilkins, the P5 and the P3. Both are excellent, easily the best headphones I have ever bought and used - sturdy, portable, very stylish looking and delivering a terrific audio sound. The only drawback is that these are not cheap.

10. tekkifi macrumors member

You should check out Headphone Mecca. It should be able to answer your question.

EDIT: This post seems like a complete shameless plug and just want to clarify that it's not. I have no affiliation with the site whatsoever! :)

11. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Here should be a good lead for you. Head-fi has some great information involving headphones to get you on the right track.