Headrest iPad holder

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gromov, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Gromov macrumors newbie

Hey,

anybody had an experience with headrest mounted holder? I need it to be universal, since i'm using Invellop and Gumdrop is on wife's iPad. The only thing I came across with is this but since it has no reviews, was wondering if somebody else is using this or similar.

Thanks

2. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

Though there isn't much to the mechanical workings of an iPad headrest mount, the few components vary significantly across the board. You want to make sure that the carrier keeps the iPad secured and visible so your children will have something to entertain them during long car rides.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Not sure what ou mean by "universal" but I have a Toucoul for my (son's) iPad 2 and it's perfect, won't work with my iPad 3 but they sell one that does. It's very secure, offers many viewing angles and can rotate should be need to switch between landscape & portrait orientations.

4. Gromov thread starter macrumors newbie

What I mean is that most of them seem to be designed for naked iPad. Mine is in the invellop, and mine usually has all the movies, wifes iPad has gumdrop case which is very bulky. I guess I'll risk it with the ikross with no reviews...

5. Alec Shaw macrumors newbie

I don't have any experience to use it. But as far i know it is not possible to use the holder if you have a case with your iPad. The iPad has to be out of a case to fit in the holder. But yeah it looks cool.

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Yeah, the TouCoul only works with the iPad out of the case, I guess it's a little bit of a pain but we only really use it on regular 1+ hr to 7 hour road trips. I don't know if I'd trust a holder that accepts iPads in a case, sounds like it could come loose in an accident and the last thing I'd want by my kid's head is a loose iPad.