Headrest Mount

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by b3thomso, Aug 2, 2012.

1. b3thomso macrumors member

I am looking for a headrest mount for my ipad to keep the kiddies occupied for a road trip coming up. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I like the idea of an arm or something that brings the ipad into the center of the seats so both kids can see whats on the ipad. I know there is gripdaddy and toucoul. Any reviews on those or something else that would fit this need?

2. RyGuySD macrumors newbie

We had the same need and wanted something that would go between both rear seats. We ended up with the Akron tablet headrest mount TAB3-RSHM. It was inexpensive and worked fine. I couldn't find a way to connect two wireless Bluetooth headphones so we simply went with a splitter and two corded headphones. Netflix and HBO GO made the road trip much better!

My only complaint is that the arm doesn't 'fully' retract so that it could be mounted squarely behind one seat for storage-it will always stick out. It's easy to take off so we plan on setting it up for trips (i.e. not having it in the car all the time). We also liked that it's lower in the car than a mounted system so it didnt obstruct the rear view mirror. Good luck.

3. b3thomso, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

b3thomso thread starter macrumors member

Thanks i will check that out. Will that work with the first gen ipad?

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

We use the TouCoul and absolutely love it. Lots of ways to adjust it, my 4 yr old can adjust and rotate on his own as needed, it's awesome. We just finished a 6.5 our (each way) weekend trip and it was invaluable.

http://toucoul.com/