Heads up! CRUCIAL 2GB RAM Sticks, $19.99 ea

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by enklined, May 23, 2008.

1. enklined macrumors 6502

FYI:

CRUCIAL 2GB DDR2 PC5300 CL=5 - $19.99 after rebate

4GB for $40 :)

I just ordered 2 sticks. It says on the product page that it is not available for pickup, however it allowed me to chose the PICKUP IN STORE option during checkout. I called the store to confirm that I could so this, and they said yes. So I saved ~ $6 on shipping. Also, FYI, the in store price is $10 more than the online price...

PS - this is a repost from a post I made in a thread earlier today - I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this deal.

EDIT: It appears this deal is no longer available! It was suppose to last thru 5/27... You guys may want to keep checking the Frys website! Sorry guys!

In any event, you can get them in the store for $51.99 + $22 MIR = $29.99. Still a good price!

2. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like the product is back up, but is about $13 more. It's not $32.99 after rebate.

Hopefully someone besides myself was able to take advantage of the other deal before they pulled it off.

3. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

still only 32.99 apiece after rebate, or about $66 for a 4gb kit...not bad
    at all. Still I hate messing with rebates.

4. SamoanDude macrumors regular

I hear you on rebates. I never get 50% of mine back so I gave up on them completely.

5. johnsy macrumors 6502

Memory WILL get even cheaper. Why? because everything is going solid state route, and the only way to have comparable spec solid state hard drive is to have memory even cheaper. 1GB should cost less than $1. There is only one catch- that will be not soon. At that point todays laptops will be obsolete.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Probably not. According to the PDF the rebate is limited to one per household, one per order.
    So the first module would have a rebate but the second would be at full price.

7. enklined thread starter macrumors 6502

Unless you place two different orders and pick them up in store - pay cash. Send one in with a return to your work (or a friend/family member close by) and one to your house. Done deal.

Though, someone in another thread said buy.com has OCZ 4GB packages for $55 after MIR.

Here's the link (since the guy didn't put it in his thread):
    OCZ 4GB ( 2 x 2GB ) SODIMM DDR2 667MHz Laptop Memory - OCZ2MV6674GK

If you use Google Checkout for the first time it's only $45.