Heads up on iPhone 6 cases for 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BoneDaddy, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I recently bought the 6s plus. A lot of tech channels on youtube are pretty optimistic about the 6 cases fitting the 6s.

Well fair warning to you folks who use cases, they will not likely fit. I say likely, because I haven't tried all cases. But being a case guy, I ordered 4 cases. Here are some problems I ran into.

Water proof case was so tight that it was messing with the touch function. Making it as if the digitizer was out of whack.

I ordered a popular aluminum case with guerrilla glass and the only real problem with that one, is that the tiny extra thickness made the case separate juuuuuust enough so that the mute switch is almost useless.

The slim, sleek case I ordered seems fine. Only difference is there are gaps where there shouldn't be, but it's seems to be limited to cosmetics.

I have the fourth case coming in on Tues. I don't have any hope that it will work any better. That tiny bit of space is a big deal for those case that are made to fit like a glove. It seems obvious, but I went against my better judgement, because of all of the "so the 6 cases WILL fit your 6s" propaganda.

Form my understanding, the less the protection the case is designed for, the less it's a problem. For those of you with simple cases, you should be fine. For those of you, like me, who use different cases for work, cycling, mountain climbing, your kids, and whatever else, I recommend waiting for cases designed specifically for the 6s.

There are already a lot of brands that state "6s" on the ads, but it isn't to imply any change for the tiny bit of more room needed. most of them are simply stating that, because they've assumed their cases will work. 3 for 3 tells me these companies aren't taking the time to test real world use, and are just aiming to capitalize on the new phone's hype. So do your homework before you buy.

Have a good week.

2. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Had a sneaking suspicion this would be an issue. Thanks for posting real world results. I concur with your finding about the super thin (nearly naked) cases. My Spigen AirThin is just fine on my 6S Plus. That's the only one I've tried so far.