Headset clicker, 4th one!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tomb85, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Tomb85 Guest

Tomb85

Hi guys, searched the forums to no avail. On my 4th pair of iPhone headphones now. I'm a very happy 3G user, although I am sick of the clickers wearing out. I have the iPod shuffle with the in line volume control and clicker, and I've clicked it to hell and it still works perfectly. My question:
    Does the 3Gs headset work with the 3G? If not, can anyone recommend any? The apple ones are so comfy, they seem to fit my ears perfectly!

2. davyreins macrumors 6502

I have a 3G but use the new 3GS headphones. The 3GS headphones work but you can't use the volume control feature on the 3G (so you can only use the clicker for play/pause, etc).

3. Tomb85 thread starter Guest

Tomb85

How bout the mic for calls? Not really fussed about volume control, I can feel the rocker through my pocket!

4. davyreins macrumors 6502

Yup, everything you can do on the 3G headphones you can do with the 3GS headphones on the 3G. You just can't use any of the 3GS features (like volume control) with the 3G phone.

5. Tomb85 thread starter Guest

Tomb85

Wicked mate, thanks for the info. Did you not get on with the original 3G headphones either?

6. davyreins macrumors 6502

I had problems with the clicker sticking/not working in cold weather, which was always annoying but I didn't think I could take it back, but then one of the headphone speakers blew out. I took it back and they didn't have any more 3G headphones so they just gave me the 3GS ones instead.

7. alansaysstop macrumors regular

nice little side note, couldn't find my headphones today for my ipod classic when i was cutting the grass so i took the ones out of my 3GS box and all controls work on for that! Volume, click to pause/double click to skip. Thought that was pretty cool. Will probably be using those from now on.

8. Tomb85 thread starter Guest

Tomb85

Thanks man. Off to the apple store!

9. davyreins macrumors 6502

Do you have the most recent iPod classic?

10. davyreins macrumors 6502

No problem, glad to help, good luck.

11. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Funny I came across this thread cause the clicker headphones on my shuffle just died yesterday. I use them alot when I ride. Went to the gym yesterday and, all of a sudden, I kept hearing the guy announcing my playlists, song names and pausing songs. I kept clicking to play the song again but the guy would keep announcing over and over again. :(

12. alansaysstop macrumors regular

Yes I just recently upgraded and haven't used headphones much on it.