Headset/Mic hybrid for MBP 2010 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eorlas, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Eorlas macrumors 6502

Hey MR! I have a 2010 13" MBP that has the dual headphone/mic port. I was wondering if there are any headsets (with mic of course) that have one jack for a port like this? I tried google but nothing particular showed up. The Apple forums had two potentially promising discussion but apparently their discussion section is down for the time being.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

3. Eorlas thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't think about wired before. I guess either is good! I'm not a fan of in ear, however. =(

If it's wired, it would need to be mic and headphones through the same connector because there's only one hybrid port on this MBP.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

the apple headphones are like that, and they come with a mic.

failing that i know that Ultimate Ear makes something what you are after. there are also converter cables for the combo jack

you could get one of these or these?

if not, get a USB headphone/mic headset :D

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Any "made for iPhone" type of mic would work... that includes the Beats by Dre series and just about any headphone you can find that has a mic on it. You can also get those 3.5mm mic adapters that you can plug any pair of headphones you want into them and they have a little mic that you can clip onto where ever you want.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

in all honesty i think i would go for a wireless BT option, i do like walking around when i am on a call :p

i have my good in-ear headphones for music listening :)

7. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro