Headset Needed When Listening to Podcasts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mikeeee, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Mikeeee macrumors 6502

Mikeeee

Does anybody know why Apple insists that you listen to Podcasts through a headset, and they don't give you the option to listen through the watch speaker?

Sometimes it's a hassle and if I'm at home alone, I'd prefer to not wear the headset. They do allow you make/receive calls without a headset but not Podcasts or any other audio application from what I can tell.

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Battery life.

Make/receive call can be quick. Rarely can Podcast.

Also user experience. Apple doesn’t think you’ll like to lift your wrist to listen to Podcast for a very long time. If you increase volume to full then it’ll come back to battery life problem.

This is also the reason why Apple didn’t include AirPlay in the watch.

3. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Apple should really rename the Bluetooth audio selection screen to something else as they insist that Bluetooth streaming is AirPlay :(

4. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Apple needs to make battery bands like they used to make iPhone battery cases. Then if the watch senses that you have a battery band it could have an always-on screen, podcasts via speaker, YouTube video’s etc.

5. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

It just wouldn’t be a very good user experience.

6. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

I would prefer to be able to charge my watch using the back of my phone. Phone is sometimes with me or in the car and usually charged.