Headset suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kalex, Feb 4, 2015.

1. kalex macrumors 65816

Hello. My wife will be getting an iphone 6 this weekend and she is looking for over the head wired headset with boom mic and iphone controls.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alex

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I've been a headset freak over the past few years looking for the best in audio and build quality with noise canceling. I have judged noise canceling because I fly, quality because I hate poor quality, build because I have seen some fall apart, and wear because I sleep with them in sometimes.

For a quick response...the ones that come with the phone...the apple EarPods I recommend for the average users:

Apple EarPods:
    -In ear profile allows me to sleep with them fine...if they fit your ear is the big key
    -Quality competes with multi driver earbuds...it's a single driver. Each driver concentrates on specific ranges...base, mid, treble. Most out there only have one...few have two or more. High quality single or dual is just fine for probably 90% of everyone...99% of grandpas as well.
    -noise canceling...sucks here...you can hear right through them. Good if you want to hear your wife calling while you're listening to music.
    -build-good so far...haven't worn anything out
    -mic...works
    -control-works good

Outside of that, for single driver earbuds, search google for top earbuds and find a trend, there's a lot of differences to the average user and I can only recommend a product I have used, but tends to go bad after about a year. Other's hear might have a good experience to recommend...read next few posts.

Dual drivers, I'd recommend Shure off the bat...they're really expensive though. If you go for those, buy the ones that are multiple pieces. I've had the single cord design (SE112-GR) and the cord connection broke in about a year...waist of $$$. The quality of build has been going down, but that's why I recommend the multi piece...you can replace some of the broken parts. Amazon will help on warranty as well if you buy them there.

Going back to the drivers...2 is probably overkill, but easy to get around the large amount of research I have done for a single driver. I would still recommend do the research and save some $$$.

3. kalex thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the details but its not exactly what I'm looking for :)

4. darkace22 macrumors newbie

Sony MDR-XB950BT/B Headphones

Got these a few months ago to pair up with my iPhone 6 plus. I love them for a few reasons: comfort, sound quality, convenience and weight.

The headphones comes with a case and it has a cord you can use if you dont want to use Bluetooth or the battery is dead. Price is reasonable for a good pair of over the ear headphones. Check out more info from http://store.sony.com/extra-bass-bl...XB950BT/B/cat-27-catid-All-Headphones-Earbuds

Good luck.