Headset w/ Microphone not working on Windows via Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TaterToT, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Hey guys so I've got a headset with a mic on it for in-game chat and it came with a Y splitter that combines the sound and mic. The headset works perfectly on OS X side but only the sound works on Windows. The mic doesn't show up in sound settings. Anyone have any suggestions? I hope someone knows how to make this work because it's driving me crazy. Thanks guys.

2. schafx macrumors newbie

This problem is common to all Apple Macs with a combined input/output jack running Boot Camp, and still hasn't been fixed after several years.

The only alternative is to boot to Windows partition using Parallels, as OS X drivers will be in charge and properly detect the external mic. See https://discussions.apple.com/message/16314077#16314077

3. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Alas, Schafx is right, apple have never bothered to setup their sound drivers on windows to provide this microphone input. Only workaround is to use a USB audio device alas.

4. tbone00011 macrumors newbie

Hey TaterToT
    Sorry in advance for the irrevelant post but I'm a new member and can't pm yet. What do you know about launch daemons? I have water damage in my docking port and my iPhone 4s now thinks that the phone is docked all the time, so it constantly outputs sound through the nonexistent dock and not through my speakers. I heard you could disable the com.apple.accessoryd.plist daemon to fix this problem as it will disable the docking function. Would this work? And if so, would it disable the functionality of my headphones as well? Thanks