headset with improved microphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joesegal76, Aug 3, 2008.

1. joesegal76 macrumors member

does anyone recommend a headset for the iphone with improved microphone? i bought the ultimate earbuds but the callers are still complaining about bad sound quality.

2. navigates macrumors 6502a

3. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Are you talking about the Ultimate Ears super.fi 4/5vi, or those other Ultimate thingies? Also, by "still complaining," do you mean they were ALSO complaining about your included iPhone headset? And do they say it's better without any kind of headset?

4. joesegal76 thread starter macrumors member

i bought these... http://www.ultimatebuds.com/store/product.php?productid=16145&cat=0&page=1&featured

yeah they have been complaining that i sound muffled or far away. i use the headset alot so i want to make sure i have a good one.

5. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Again, I just wanted to check, did you actually check with A. the included earbuds to see if THEY sound muffled as well and B. With NO headset, to make sure it didn't? If you haven't, I'd call someone and test with 1. The Ultimate Buds 2. iPhone earbuds 3. No headset. You want to make sure it's definitely just the headset and that they're both bad before you move forward and buy something else.

If you DID do that, I'd consider either the V-Moda Vibe Duo, the Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi or 5vi, or (most likely the best as it has the best drivers IMO), the Etymotic HF-2. Wherever you get any of these things, though, make sure you can return them, because honestly, I've talked to plenty of people with the included iPhone earbuds and they never complained of poor or muffled sound qualit. If you're not satisfied with the mic on them I wouldn't want to take a risk without having the ability to return.