Headsot doesn't work after reboot

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lpuniverse, Jan 30, 2015.

1. lpuniverse macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my brand new Turtle Beach ear force Z60 headset. My headset works perfectly when I put the usb in my iMac. But when I reboot my iMac, the headset will not work. It only works when I replug the usb cable in the iMac. It's not that big deal, but after a few times it's getting really annoying. Does someone has the same problem with other headsets or devices? And is it a productionfault of the headset or is this just a bug in OSX?

My iMac is a 5K retina display with OSX yosemite 10.10.2

Greetings

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

Can you hold down Option and click the Speaker icon in the menu bar and see if it shows up there after reboot?

3. lpuniverse thread starter macrumors member

No, the problem is that the headset doesnt show up in the sound menu after reboot, only the built-in speakers will show up. After replugging the usb-cable in the iMac, the headset wil work again.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

Then that's odd. I assume you have no issues with other USB devices on reboot?

5. lpuniverse thread starter macrumors member

No the other USB Devices work after reboot. What's odd? Sorry for this question, but I'm from Belgium and I try to speak English :p

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

You're doing a good job. Do not worry.

I don't know why the headset is not connecting after you reboot. That is what is odd! It might be easiest for you to use an extension USB cable with your headset, so then you can easily unplug the headset from the cable without going behind your iMac. And maybe call up Turtle Beach and see what they can tell you.

7. lpuniverse thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that's a great idea, I gonna do that! I will test tomorrow if it's on my MBP and windows pc as well. I don't think it's an issue on my brand new iMac, because all the other usb-devices like my mouse are perfectly working after reboot. I think it's more a software issue of Mac OSX. I can buy an extension USB cable idd, that's not a big deal to just plug the headset in the extension cable.

Thanks for the answers!

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

No problem! :)